Make sure your Election Day BBQ or cake stall is a safe one!
The Food Safety Information Council released tips covering what you need to do to ensure your food is safe during your Election Day BBQ or fundraiser cake stall. Here’s a snapshot:
- Appoint a food safety supervisor
- Ensure hand washing facilities with soap are available.
- Wear clean clothing and a clean apron.
- Never cook for others if you’re sick!
- Ensure transported food is covered and remains cool. Only travel a short distance when transporting food.
- Use a probe thermometer to check all meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Don’t put cooked meat in same contained used for raw meat.
- Prepare other foods on a clean surface away from raw meat.
- Wash equipment in hot soapy water and dry thoroughly. Use paper towel.
For more use tips from the Council and to read the full article click here.
Enrol into CFT food safety training today!
Share this story
Chat to one of our trainers
Our team are here to help with your questions