Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Big enough to be the best,

small enough to care.

We've compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions to help our students with any problems or issues they might have.

If you can't find the information that you are looking for then please use our support page to get in touch!

Click here to log a support request

RSA Certificate: Frequently Asked Questions

Those working in the following roles need a valid RSA certificate:


  • Duty Manager
  • Food & Beverage Attendant
  • Food & Beverage Manager
  • Gaming Attendant
  • Gaming Supervisor
  • Gaming Manager
  • Bar Attendant
  • Bar Supervisor
  • Bar Manager
  • Restaurant Manager
  • Operations Manager
  • Venue Manager

Generally, most students will take between 2 and 4 hours to complete RSA training although you can login and out as your time allows.

Yes, the Victorian Government department Liquor Control Victoria (LCV) has approved CFT to deliver Victorian-approved RSA online and in class.

If you are working in Victoria you need the official LCV certificate.  This is emailed to you when you complete your Vic RSA course.

If you are in Victoria and need a copy of your LCV certificate. You can contact the LCV  here.

Or you can ask us to reprint any RSA certificates you completed with us.  Email us at for assistance.

  • If you want to work serving alcohol in Western Australia, Queensland and Northern Territory you need the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol Course code: SITHFAB021.  Upon completion of your RSA training, you will receive the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate Course code: SITHFAB021.

You can enrol here to begin your course online.

  • If you want to work serving alcohol in South Australia, you need to do your RSA training with an organisation approved by the South Australian government.  CFT is fully approved by the South Australian government to deliver RSA training online in South Australia.  You can view our approval here.  Upon completion of your RSA training, you will receive the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate Course code: SITHFAB021.

You can enrol here to begin your course online.

  • If you want to work serving alcohol in Victoria you must hold a Liquor Control Victoria (‘LCV’) RSA certificate delivered by an approved training organisation.  CFT has been approved by LCV to deliver RSA training to those working in Victoria.  See our LCV approval here. Upon completion of RSA training you will receive two (2) certificates; (1) the nationally accredited Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate Course code: SITHFAB021 and (2) the LCV RSA certificate – this certificate is required for those working in alcohol service in Victoria.You can enrol here to begin your ONLINE Victorian RSA course now.

 You will need to keep your Victorian RSA up to date by doing a free refresher course every three(3) years.

How long are RSA valid for Vic?  Three (3) years.

  • CFT is a fully accredited training organisation, you can view our scope of training here.

Click here for the page on our website that explains all RSA State requirements.

For those in Victoria if you need a copy of your original RSA certificate, please contact the LCV via their contact us page Go to VGCCC 

If you cannot find your certificate OR the 3 year expiry has lapsed you will need to do your RSA course again.  You can do this ONLINE with us.

Click to enrol into the RSA LCV approved course, please click to enrol here.

Food Safety Courses FAQs

Yes, all CFT Food Safety qualifications are from nationally accredited units and align with National Food Safety Standards.

It is accepted in all Australian States and Territories.

Hospitality food businesses such as restaurants, cafes, canteens, and hotels can use a standard food safety program, which can be customised to the food processes your business undertakes.

Go to your State Health Department website to see standard templates available for you to use.

Establishments serving vulnerable populations like Aged Care facilities, Hospitals, Childcare, and Disability Services will need a Food Safety Program written for their individual workplace.


If you need a Food Safety Supervisor qualification for a hospitality or retail food business you will need the unit codes SITXFSA005 & SITXFSA006. Click here to view our Hospitality & Retail FSS course.

If you want a Food Safety Supervisor qualification for childcare, aged care and hospitals choose HLTFSE001 and HLTFSE007 and HLTFSE005. Click here to view our Community & Health FSS course.

Bakeries, food processing, and food manufacturers need these food safety units FBPFSY1001 and FBPFSY1002. Click here to view our Food Processing FSS course.

Click here for the page on our website that explains all requirements.

The CFT Food Safety Supervisor NSW course is written to meet the NSW legislation.

CFT is an approved by the NSW Food Authority as a provider of FSS NSW training and therefore we are able to issue the NSW Food Authority certificate.

The NSW FSS certificate is valid for five years from the date of issue.  It is a legal requirement that certain businesses keep a copy of their FSS certificate on the premises and produce it for inspection on request by an authorised officer.

For more information go to the NSW Food Authority website

Please note: The additional cost of $35.00 is payable for the NSW Food Authority certificate ($30 fee to NSW Food Authority plus $5.00 for post and handling).


Because your are studying a nationally accredited qualification, your certificate cannot be generated without a USI.

The USI is a reference number made up of ten numbers and letters that is free and easy to create and stays with you for life.

If you are a new or continuing student undertaking nationally recognised training, you will need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment.

To get your USI go to and apply, you will need a copy of your ID.

The following are acceptable forms of ID to create a USI. Common identity documents :

  • Australian Passport
  • Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa)
  • Australian Birth Certificate
  • Australian Driver’s Licence
  • Medicare Card

International students studying in Australia

International students studying in Australia with an Australian education or training provider need to get a USI to receive their award. 

Students traveling to Australia to study are issued with an Australian visa. You must land in Australia and go through customs before you can create a USI using your non-Australian passport and visa as a form of ID.

If you have not been issued with an Australian visa, you will not be able to use your non-Australian passport to create a USI.

General Help

CFT support is available via email, phone or chat. Visit our support page to learn more or submit a support request: Support

Please see our student handbook for details of student support services including Language, Literacy, and Numeracy in our Student Information Handbook.

If your question has not been answered please contact us and we will endeavor to answer your question.

Your certificate is produced from the details that you supplied to CFT upon enrolment. If for some reason this is not correct, please email us with proof of identity and we can amend the details.

You will need to verify your Unique Student Identifier on our training portal.  Our system will require your USI to be verified before you can access your certificate.  Please go to the USI office website here: for more information and to apply for your USI.

No, our online courses are designed so that you can progress at your own pace. You can log out as you need and then log back in to start where you left off.  You can study anytime the online courses are available 24/7, 365 days per year.

Our e-learning is competency-based training.  You will have the opportunity to re-answer the questions.  If you answer questions incorrectly you have the opportunity to review the correct answers. CFT Support Team is available to assist with any help you may need.   CFT staff are also able to track students who are having difficulties and can email them to offer study support.

You will need access to a computer and internet.  We recommend basic computer skills and that you read our tips for studying online. Your internet should be of a good speed and stable to avoid interconnectivity issues.

Studying at your own pace is different for each individual. This depends on your existing knowledge, computer skills and how much time you wish to give yourself to complete your course.  You do not have to complete the whole course in one sitting, login and out as time allows.

Once you have successfully completed all of the online assessment tasks, and any assignments have been assessed as competent and you have verified your USI (`Unique Student Identifier’) on our database, you can access a copy of your secure e-certificate immediately.

We will also email certificates in PDF format upon course completion.

CFT courses are also suitable for international students and other VISA holders. International/Overseas Students on a subclass 500 study visa are now able to undertake a number of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses with us.

Trusted by 200,000+ students and businesses around Australia

Retail Food Group
Donut King
Bakers Delight

Learn more about the customers we work with

Chat to an advisor

Chat to one of our trainers

Our team are here to help with your questions

Scroll To Top