The importance of proper food safety processes after a restaurant is hit with a massive fine after its kitchen was found infested with cockroaches and two customers fell ill, is very clear.
Magistrate Anne Thacker said: ‘Clearly the premises had reached a point where they were very dirty. The problems had been there for a considerable amount of time.’
Council prosecutor Roman Micairan said the restaurant was not well-maintained and lacked basic cleanliness. He said food and meat were inadequately stored on top of each other.
Restaurant owners and staff cannot afford to risk the food safety and hygiene of their food business. Ensure you have updated your food safety training.
Click here to read the full article publised Microsoft News.
Share this story
Chat to one of our trainers
Our team are here to help with your questions